The primary source of tantalum is from minerals such as tantalite, columbite, wodginite and microlite contained in pegmatite ore bodies.
The largest deposits are located in Australia, Brazil and Africa.
However, the tantalum market is supplied from a variety of
- Primary production of tantalum-bearing minerals by conventional
- Artisanal production of tantalum-bearing minerals
- Synthetic concentrates produced from tin slags and accumulated
- Material from inventories within the supply chain
- Intermediate materials such as tantalum oxide, K-salt and
- Recycled consumer and processor scrap and other secondary